Kathryn L. DeVall

Kathryn L. (Golladay) DeVall, 55, died on July 27 surrounded by her family. Kathy was born in Kentucky and raised in West Orange, N. J. before moving to Irvington, N. J. where she graduated with honors from Irvington High School in 1982. Meeting the love of her life William “Bill” C. DeVall, Jr. while volunteering with the Irvington Rescue and Ambulance Squad in 1982. To be married just a few short years later at the Hilton United Methodist Church in Essex Co., N.J. on Oct. 26, 1985. Happily married 34 years she was blessed with four amazing children: Michael T. DeVall, William C. DeVall III, Robert A. DeVall and Christina M. DeVall. Giving the gift of 5 beautiful grandchildren: Trinity V. DeVall, Savannah R. DeVall, Logan A. DeVall, Edward R. DeVall and Madison A. DeVall.

Kathy was always sharing stories she heard of her beloved mother, Helan M. (Van Horn) Golladay and amazing stepmother, Cinda Woods to all and getting her happy go lucky free spirit from her father, Strider. Always being the life of the party, Kathy loved her best friends: Nancy Castellano and Greg Mohr and the good times they shared together. She never missed a beat to dance with her in -laws: Frank and Rachael DeVall or John and Angie DeVall. She loved to travel across country to see her brothers Tim and Tom Golladay and step brothers, Arron and Paul Underhill.

Carrying a smile that would light up every room she entered, giving words of wisdom and passing on her faith to all she knew and loved. Kathy became a very well known and respected member of our small and mighty community of Hawthorne being a beloved member of the Elks Lodge 1704, a volunteer at the American Legion Post 19, an employee at SOC and the co-owner and operator of our hometown Fun Fair KiddieLand Carnival. With all the love, comfort and prayers may Kathy rest in peace with our Lord and Savior as we celebrate her life on Aug. 4 at 3 p.m. at her favorite place our Elks Lodge 1704 – 595 W. 5th Street, Hawthorne. Flowers, cards or donations are welcomed and can be addressed to the Hawthorne Elks Lodge 1704.