Last week, Mineral County Sheriff’s Office issued a wanted poster for Robert Maurice Wilson for failure to appear.

Wilson was convicted of multiple charges during a jury trial on Dec. 14, 2017. He was convicted by said jury for trafficking of a controlled substance mid level (14-28 grams) a category B felony; trafficking of a controlled substance mid level (14-28), a category B felony; two counts of unlawful possession of a controlled substance, a category E felony and child endangerment, a gross misdemeanor. During phase two of his trial, Wilson was charged with three counts of ex-felon in possession of a firearm. Before the trial began, Wilson and his counsel agreed to plead guilty to one count of ex-felon in possession of a firearm instead of going to trial. The other two counts were dismissed.

Wilson, who was already released from custody at the time of his trial, was given a sentencing court date of Feb. 27. He failed to appear for that hearing.

In a statement from the office of the sheriff, it states that on the morning of his sentencing hearing, the counsel for Wilson informed the court that “he had received a text message that morning from an unknown cell phone confirming the sentencing hearing.”

After Wilson’s hearing passed, Judge Jim Shirley of the 11th District Court in Nevada issued a nationwide arrest warrant for felony failure to appear.

“Prior to Wilson’s sentencing hearing, he was being monitored by Washoe County Court Services including an ankle monitor to help track him. On the morning of his sentencing hearing, Wilson cut his ankle monitor off at approximately 0300 hours. Sparks Police Office responded to the residence to find no sign of Robert Maurice Wilson,” the statement continued.

Mineral County Sheriff’s Office immediately issued a wanted poster, releasing it to local law enforcement agencies and news outlets. Wilson’s wanted status was also posted to social media and a reward was announced for information leading to his arrest.

“During the week of March 5, the investigation began to turn in our favor. With the assistance of Federal Agencies, we were able to track the movements of Robert Maurice Wilson. While monitoring Robert Maurice Wilson’s movements we were led to believe he was staying at an extended stay hotel in Sacramento, Calif.,” the statement addressed.

A call was made immediately to the Sacramento Police Department to request assistance in the capture of Wilson. The Sacramento Police Department was able to locate him at the hotel and he was taken into custody without incident.

“I would like to commend Undersheriff Ferguson and Assistant District Attorney George who worked tirelessly to facilitate the capture of Wilson. Well done!” Sheriff Randy Adams told the Independent-News.

At press time, Wilson was being held in the Sacramento Jail on a no bail warrant awaiting extradition back to Nevada.

[widgets_on_pages id=”directory”]