Over the next two weeks, residents can expect to see double the normal law enforcement presence around your area. Mineral County Sheriff’s Office is Joining Forces with law enforcement agencies statewide to crack down on impaired driving, and has an important message for the public: if you’ll be drinking, designate a sober driver and if you drive impaired, you will be arrested.
Increasing law enforcement presence during these weeks supports the overall state goal of reaching Zero Fatalities. Mineral County residents can help us reach that goal by following these safety guidelines:
• Designate a sober driver before drinking;
• Use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation if impaired;
• Take advantage of local sober ride programs;
• Call 911 if a drunk driver is spotted on the road;
• Take the keys or assist in making other arrangements for someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired
Joining Forces enforcement is paid for by Nevada-Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety.
For resources and laws pertaining to impaired driving and riding, please visit http://www.zerofatalitiesnv.com/dont-drive-impaired.